Motherhood is an emotional, exhilarating, empowering and – not least of all -exhausting journey! If you’re lucky enough to take a moment to pause, Mother’s Day can be a special time set aside to take a step back and drink it all in.
Here are a few of our favorite ideas to celebrate mama’s first Mother’s Day, with an emphasis on creating new traditions, self-care for mom and having fun!
CREATE A NEW TRADITION:
1) Plant something! A beautiful idea for a gift that keeps growing – literally – is to plant a new flowering tree or rose bush in the yard.
3) Age something! Buy a bottle of wine from the year baby is born and age it until baby’s legally old enough to drink it. Wine Folly has a tutorial on how to choose a wine worthy of aging 21 years!
4) Try something new! The gift of an activity she was dreaming of while pregnant but couldn’t do then, like trapeze or ski lessons or going to a great sushi bar or sauna, could be an exciting and memorable surprise. Time to check out your local GILT City or Groupon.
5) Pamper her! Give the new mama low-key, unfussy beauty treats:
– A blow-out at Drybar
– Clean-clinical skincare from Drunk Elephant – The Littles
– A Nursing Ready Pajama Set by LOVE COMMA
THE SIMPLE THINGS
6) Keep it sweet + simple:
-Treat Mom with Alone Time
-Donate to families in need. Two organizations focused on helping new families are:
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!